torsdag 6 oktober 2016

English homework. My music. week, 40

I love music and I listen to so many different genres. My favorite
genres are Hip Hop, R&B and rap. People do often ask me what my
favorite song is but I think It’s a really difficult question. There’s so 
many different songs. There’s songs about absolutely everything and 
anything. 

My favorite artists are Eminem and The Weeknd so I guess 
that their songs are my favorite ones. I have a big brother and he is born
in year 1991. He used a Mp3 player when he was a teenager and he gave
it to me when I was a little girl. He only had a few songs but they where 
the only ones that I listened to at the time. It was artists like Tupac, Toto
and Roxette etc. I practically grew up with 30 songs that he had on his
mp3 player because I didn’t have a phone and access to a computer that 
often. I still have the Mp3 player at home. It’s red and you can have it
hanging around your neck. The world wasn’t so developed when the
mp3 player was popular so you could only hear the songs by having a
couple of headphones plugged in. I still like the songs even though 
they’re really old. My taste in music is very mixed so I can listen to 
almost everything except boy bands and hard rock. 

I did have a period a couple years ago when I was obsessed with a new
Swedish boy band. They wasn’t so popular when I first discovered them 
and I think that was a big part of why I liked them. I remember that they 
always had time for fans on social media and in real life but I lost my 
interest when they got really famous. They started to talk English on 
their social media and they didn’t have time for fans anymore. My music 
taste changed and I just moved on. I can’t stand boy bands nowadays 
and I don’t know why. I guess they remind me of the time in my life that 
I don’t like anymore. 

I think the lyrics are very important. I always listen to the lyrics and I 
think that’s why I like Eminem so much. He writes his own lyrics. People 
say that the only thing he raps about is death, drugs and alcohol but 
that’s not true. He has really emotional songs about different parts in his 
life. It’s almost like he’s telling a story in some of his songs. Not every 
artist has important lyrics but Eminem does because he’s trying to say 
something through his music. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar